Archive of What's New and News
Section of uiAccess Home Page
- New resources on uiAccess
Summaries of legal activities in web accessibility added in December 2001 to Resources on uiAccess.
- New books on web accessibility
- Managing Accessibility In Technology: Bringing Together People, Processes, and Techniques For Successful Implementation being pre-released online by chapters
- See also Books on Web Accessibility
- Public training scheduled
- Web Accessibility
Training and Exchange on Friday, 18 July 2003 in Palo Alto, California,
Practices Training Exchange on Web Accessibility on Thursday, 17
July 2003 in Palo Alto, California, USA
- United Kingdom
Web Accessibility Congress (UKWAC) conference on 29-31 August 2003
in Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 7th European Conference
for the Advancement of Assistive Technology "Shaping the Future"
on 31 August - 3 September 2003 in Dublin, Ireland
- "Evaluating for Accessibility, Usability Testing in Diverse Situations" tutorial lead by Shawn Lawton Henry, Sheryl Burgstahler, and Mary Martinson at UPA 12th Annual Conference "Ubiquitous Usability" on 24 June 2003 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- "Filling in the Gaps of uiAccessibility Management and Research" advanced topic seminar lead by Shawn Lawton Henry and Sheryl Burgstahler at UPA 12th Annual Conference "Ubiquitous Usability" on 25 June 2003 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- "Beyond Video: Accessibility Profiles, Personas, and Scenarios Up Close and Personal" presentation by Shawn Lawton Henry Kitch Barnicle, and Mary Martinson at UPA 12th Annual Conference "Ubiquitous Usability" on 25 June 2003 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- "Another -ability: Accessibility Primer for Usability Specialists" presentation by Shawn Lawton Henry at UPA 12th Annual Conference "Ubiquitous Usability" on 26 June 2003 in Scottsdale, AZ.
- "Understanding Web Accessibility" instructional course lead by Shawn Henry, Neal Ewers, and Ben Caldwell at RESNA 26th International Conference on Technology & Disability: Research, Design, Practice, & Policy on 20 June 2003 in Atlanta, GA.
- "Designing Flexible, Accessible Interfaces That Are More Usable by Everyone" tutorial lead by Gregg Vanderheiden, Trace R & D Center Director, and Shawn Henry at CHI 2003 Conference on 6 April 2003 in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Designing for Accessibility, Designing Accessible Web Applications, and Accessibility Beyond HTML at Web Design World 2002 on 18 November 2002 in Boston, MA
- Section 508 and Beyond: Web Accessibility for More People, More Situations, a one-day workshop at the Web Design that Works for Everyone conference on 18-19 October 2002 at Rhode Island School of Design
- "Another -ability: Accessibility Primer for Usability Specialists" presentation at UPA 2002 Conference, 10 July 2002 in Orlando, FL
- "Understanding and Evaluating Accessibility: Improving Usability for More People in More Situations" tutorial at UPA 2002 Conference, 9 July 2002 in Orlando, FL
- Web application accessibility workshops
- 12-13 August 2002 in Cambridge, MA
- 16-17 September 2002 in Chicago, IL
- 10-11 October 2002 in San Francisco, CA
- 7-8 November 2002 in Washington DC
"Making Flexible, Accessible Interfaces More Usable by Everyone" tutorial lead by Gregg Vanderheiden, Trace R & D Center Director, and Shawn Henry at CHI 2002 Conference, 20-25 April 2002 in Minneapolis, MN.
"Accessibility Beyond 508: More People, More Situations. More Business." and Chairperson's Opening Remarks by Shawn Henry, "Designing And Developing Accessible E-Learning" with SmartForce at the Accessibility and User Interface Design Forums on 24-25 January 2002 in San Francisco, CA